Wednesday, January 4, 2012

That New Year's Thing

 Yeah, I start blogs and then I ignore them. I'm still learning to balance my work at home and being a mom to a now 6 month old, so pardon the brevity.

To that end, here is that 2011-post-thingee that's going around and what the hell, I'll drink the Kool-Aid.


1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? I gave birth!


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do resolutions because I feel we should strive for goals on a daily basis. 


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yep, me! And a few other friends, too.



4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.



5. What countries did you visit?
Haaa! I was pregnant. No visiting of any countries besides home happened.

 

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you didn’t have in 2011?
A thinner waist-line. 



7. What dates from 2011 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
1/27: the day we found out we were having a boy

6/30: the day I was told I had to be induced
7/1: not only was it my husband's birthday, it was also the day we welcomed our son
 

8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Laboring for 22 hours



9. What was your biggest failure?
Personally, I will always feel I failed at breastfeeding, even though I know it wasn't my fault. That will always leave a sting.

 

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope, just recovered from an emergency c-section.

 

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A Honda Pilot. A Keurig coffee maker. 

 

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband. He attended summer classes, never having really missed any surrounding the birth of our kid, took on night feedings when I needed sleep, carried us through my baby blues, and works his ass off so that I can work from home and be with our baby. 

 

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Anyone that is anti-healthcare. You all suck.

 

14. Where did most of your money go?
Pretty sure it's a toss up between Babies R Us and Target.

 

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Meeting my son for the first time.

 

16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
It's not even a modern song, but "God Only Knows" by The Beach Boys. In the earlier days of Nerdlet's life, I watched all seasons of Big Love and, of course the first three seasons have that as the opening credits. It ended up being a song that will always be reminiscent of the wee hours with my newborn son. 



17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier. Fatter. Richer, but not in material wealth. 

 

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Relaxing, being less angry. 

 

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being angry.

 

20. How did you spend Christmas?
On the Eve, with my family as always. On the Day, with my little family of my son, my kitties and my husband. 

 

21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Didn't even know it was possible to love a tiny human as much as your own child. A million times, yes. 

 

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Glee


23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I prefer dislike, and why spend time on the negative?

 

24. What was the best book you read?
Wish I read more.

 

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Kate Davis



26. What did you want and get?I got everything I wanted and more.
 

27. What did you want and not get?
Winning the lottery.

 

28. What was your favorite film of 2011?
Ha, like I have time to watch movies!

 

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 33 and I was just out of my first trimester. We stayed home and family came to visit.

 

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Can't say much. My heart was filled to the brim the moment I became a mom.

 

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2011?
Maternity.

 

32. What kept you sane?
My mom, my husband.



33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Didn't have time to really give a shit.

 

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Politics and religion: things I care not to discuss unless I want a gigantic discussion, which I do not.

 

35. Who did you miss?
My grandmothers.

 

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Aside from Nerdlet, Nerdlet's Godmommy. We actually met up at the end of 2010, but our friendship grew immensely in 2011.

 

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Let go of the anger. It will only hold you down.

 

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
But we're never gonna survive unless
We get a little crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment